Wednesday, March 1, 2017

assignment #20: wrapped object

ideas:
1. wrap my kitchen counter and have bowls and cups wrapped on top of it
2. wrap my bedside table and put objects on top of it so you can tell what the main object is

final:
When doing this assignment, I found that wrapping objects can be harder than it looks. It was hard to think of what to wrap and how to wrap it, and it takes more time than you think. I also found that when it came to Christo and Jeanne-Claude's work, it must've taken days maybe weeks to wrap huge objects to make a statement. They wanted to also create happiness and a sort of "fun" aspect when wrapping huge objects, and I tried to reinterpret that happiness by wrapping something you wouldn't normally wrap. The only difficulties I had were finding the right lighting, figuring out what I wanted to wrap, and wrapping it so you could easily tell what it was.

1 comment:

  1. Your explanation is insightful in that you discovered a level of difficulty that I know exists with this project. I am confused by the lighting in the final image, though. It seems not as well thought-out and that the wrapping (all the hard work you did!) suffers because of it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete