Friday, September 23, 2016

assignment #5: polar opposites

I chose the theme new and old for this polar opposites assignment. Showing the differences in cars from now and cars from 20-30 years ago. I decided to approach this project by taking a picture of the back of an old Volkswagen and the back of a new Volkswagen. The difference shown in these two cars is significant. First off, you have the red car, which is a 1960’s Karmann Ghia Volkswagen. It captures what cars were like back then and how people today still use them as a memoir or just because they love old cars. On the other hand, you have the black car, which is a black 2017 Tiguan 2.0T. I love using this car in this project because it shows how cars have evolved over the past 57 years. This car is obviously a newer model throughout all the Volkswagen cars, but probably is easier and less complicated to drive. What drew me to these cars were the immediate wonder of whose cars they were and the wanting to know more about the two cars. My favorite part about these two pictures is the fact that cars everywhere are still changing from the inside and out, and that no matter how old cars almost sixty years old may be, people still drive them. I think I executed the difference in these two models because I showed how much cars have changed and that the new and old objects are not at all similar. The only thing I wish that I did differently was taking the two photographs on the same day because the lighting between the two is too different. The physical differences between the two are that the old car is red, much smaller, and wider, and the new car is black, bigger, and taller.

1 comment:

  1. I like the description you have - it actually made me take a second look and rethink the concept as I had originally thought about it.

    ReplyDelete